- Our Attorneys
- Contract Review
- Employer Retaliation
- Executive Compensation
- Federal Employees
- Overtime Violations
- Professional Licensing Board Representation
- Severance Agreements
- Family & Medical Leave Violations
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage Claims
- Whistleblower Protection
- Workers’ Compensation
- Wrongful Termination
- Employment Law FAQ
Employment Law Blog
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act of 1988
- Occupational Injuries and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Employee Leave to Care for a Parent under the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993
- Does Self-Employment Constitute a Reasonable Effort to Mitigate Title VII Damages?
- Points to Note Regarding the Outside Sales Exemption to the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Can You Sue A Municipality For Workers’ Compensation Retaliation?
- Protections Under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- What is required for the “protected activity” element of Title VII retaliation claims in initial pleadings?
- Retaliation Under the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970
- Is Temporal Proximity Enough to Get Past Summary Judgement?
- Examples from Department of Labor’s Final Rule on Independent Contractor Status under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- What happens when I allege a comparator within my same protected class in a Title VII lawsuit?
- Department of Labor Issues Final Rule on Independent Contractor Status under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act: Calculating an Employee’s Regular Rate
- Department of Labor’s Temporary Rule: Paid Leave Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act and its Application to Spouses Working for the Same Employer.
- Where can I file a Title VII lawsuit against my employer?
- United States Department of Labor: Updated Final Rule on Joint Employer Status under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- The Learned Professional and Administrative Exemption under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Bostock v. Clayton County and the United State Supreme Court’s Individual v. Group Analysis
- Department of Labor’s Recent Opinion Letters Addressing the FLSA’s Outside Sales Exemption
- Lessons from Key Cases the U.S. Supreme Court Relied Upon in Ruling that Title VII Protects Homosexual and Transgender Employees
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Now Protects Homosexual and Transgender Employees From Workplace Discrimination
- Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993: Interference Claims
- U.S. Department of Labor Issues Final Rule on Bonuses for Nonexempt Employees
- Family and Medical Leave Act: Medical Certification
- U.S. Department of Labor Issues Final Rule on Retail and Service Establishment Overtime Exemption
- Governance and Compliance Issues While Employees Work Remotely
- Employees Returning to Work Following the COVID-19 Shutdown
- What Employers Need to Know About Potential Workplace Harassment Amid COVID-19
- COVID-19’s Impact on COBRA
- Department of Labor Examples Continued: COVID-19 Impact on the Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- Department of Labor Examples: COVID-19 Impact on the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974
- COVID-19 Impact on the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938
- COVID-19 Impact on the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974
- What Employment Health Benefits are Employees Entitled to During COVID-19?
- Documentation Required to Take Leave Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- How Does the CARES Act Impact the FFCRA?
- What Protections Do Employees Have When Reporting Unsafe Working Conditions During the Coronavirus Pandemic?
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Challenges: Employer and Employee Eligibility
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act’s Application to Joint or Integrated Employers
- What Leave Options are Available for Employees Who Need Time Off Because Their Child’s School or Place of Care is Closed Due to
- Ability to Sue an Employer under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Can employees take intermittent leave under the FFCRA?
- Under the Emergency Family Medical Leave Extension Act, Employer Does Not Always Have to Restore Employee to Position
- Who is a “health care provider” for purposes of the FFCRA?
- Employer Prohibited Acts under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- How does the FFCRA apply to federal employers and employees?
- Employer Obligations under the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act
- Small Employer Coverage under the EPSLA and EFMLEA
- Employer Obligations and Notice Requirements under the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act
- What Employees need to know about the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act
- What Employees need to know about the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act
- What is the after-acquired evidence defense?
- What Other Types of Claims Might Arise With a Breach of Contract Claim?
- What evidence may satisfy the link between disability and adverse employment action?
- What does it mean to “litigate” a case and how long does it take?
- Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation Agreements between Employers and Employees
- What does proving “substantially more qualified” require?
- Spoliation: One of the Many Reasons Why You Should Never Destroy Evidence
- Does a negative job evaluation or written reprimand establish an adverse action?
- The Importance of Discovery and How It Can Make All the Difference
- FLSA: Outside Sales Exemption
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA): Fiduciaries
- Am I Prohibited From Pursuing an FMLA Retaliation Claim If My Employer Succeeds on My Unemployment Compensation Claim?
- My Claim for Benefits Under an ERISA Plan has Been Denied, What’s Next?
- Am I “Qualified” under the ADA if I receive SSDI benefits?
- Prohibited Employment Practices Part II – Pre-Employment
- Prohibited Employment Practices Part I – Protecting Employees
- Employment Law Basics Part 6 – Equal Compensation Discrimination
- Employment Law Basics Part 5 - Genetic Information Discrimination
- Employment Law Basics Part 4 - National Origin Discrimination
- Employment Law Basics Part 3: Religious Discrimination
- Employment Law Basics Part 2: Pregnancy Discrimination
- Employment Law Basics Part 1: Disability Discrimination
- Intern or Employee? Understanding the Primary Beneficiary Test
- Can I Choose Sick Leave Over FMLA Leave?
- The Supreme Court Will Soon Decide the Issue of Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Age Discrimination Claim: Did the Jury Get it Right?
- What is Required to Properly Plead a National Origin Discrimination Case?
- The Challenge of Proving FMLA Retaliation with Performance Issues
- Is This Retaliation for Participating in a Union Strike?
- What Can I Do if My Employer is Obsessed with My Private Life?
- Finding Appropriate Comparators in Employment Discrimination Cases
- The ADEA Protects Against More than Just Termination
- The IRCA and Immigration Discrimination in the Workplace
- A Primer on Age Discrimination in the Workplace
- Do Employees Understand How Overtime Should be Calculated?
- What Can I Do if My Former Employer Gives Me a Negative Reference?
- Understanding Employment Discrimination Based on Family Responsibilities
- Three Reasons Your Retaliation Claim Might Fail
- Must an Employer Accommodate a Fear of Needles?
- Are Women More at Risk for Interview Discrimination?
- Termination While on Medical Leave May Be Justified
- What Employees Should Know About the ADEA and its Protections
- Eleventh Circuit Establishes New Standard for Comparators
- Alabama Federal District Court Allows Expert Testimony from Forensic Psychologist
- Alabama's Minimum Wage Battle Continues
- EEOC's Report on Common Sources of Workplace Harassment
- Can an Employer be Responsible for Sexual Harassment by a Patient With Dementia?
- The Limitations on "English-Only" Rules in the Workplace
- When Do Rumors Become Sexual Harassment?
- The ADA Protects You from Forced Medical Exams
- Recent Statistics Regarding Employment Law Claims in Alabama
- Frequently Asked Questions About Workers' Comp Retaliation in Alabama
- Anti-Discrimination Laws May Not Protect Sensitive Employees
- Temporary Illness or Injury is not Protected by ADA
- New Report Suggests Some Employers Violate Wage and Hour Laws Routinely
- Claims of Discrimination Based on Disparate Disciplinary Actions are Challenging
- Can Elected Politicians Terminate State Employees Who Have Different Political Views?
- An Example of Gender Oppression Allegations by a Female Minority Shareholder
- A Real Example of Workers' Compensation Retaliation
- UPS Sued for Discriminating Against Drivers with Disabilities
- It May be Difficult Determining When to File Your EEOC Charge
- Is it Wrong to Go on Vacation During FMLA Leave?
- Do the Retaliation Provisions of the False Claims Act Protect You After You are No Longer Employed?
- Google Employees Protest After Alleged Harasser is Given $90 Million Severance
- Employers Try to Force Confidentiality Agreements on Sexual Harassment Victims
- Can My Employer Revoke Approved FMLA Leave?
- A Few Common Questions Answered About Wage and Hour Laws
- Can My Employer Subject Me to Random Drug Tests?
- EEOC Recovers for Alabama Employees Subjected to Racial Harassment and Retaliation
- Top Law Students Protest Law Firm's Forced Employment Arbitration
- Proposed Legislation Could Make It Harder to Establish Joint Employer Liability
- Type of Discrimination in the Workplace that May be Legal
- Are Facebook Advertisements Discriminatory and Should Facebook Be Liable?
- Constructive Discharge and the Statute of Limitations
- Alleged Plot to Retaliate Against Employee Goes Horribly Wrong
- The Irony of Pregnancy Discrimination at a Female-Owned Company
- The Sex Discrimination and Harassment Epidemic in Corrections Jobs
- Maternity Leave Cannot Protect You from Misconduct in the Workplace
- Frequently Asked Questions About Gender Discrimination Claims
- A Discussion of the ADA Interactive Process for Accommodations
- When is Sexual Assault Within the Scope of Employment?
- Are Clinical Students Considered Employees? It Depends.
- Walmart Accused of Denying Accommodations to Pregnant Employees
- Is it Constructive Discharge if I'm Allowed to Resign Instead of Being Terminated?
- Employers Rarely Liable for Rape Perpetrated by Employees
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Use of Racial Slurs in the Workplace
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Employment Contracts
- Update on EEOC's Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Against Costco
- When is the Use of the Word "Boy" Evidence of Racial Animus in the Workplace?
- Good Evidence of Pretext Saves Hispanic Discrimination Claims
- How Important is My EEOC Charge in an Employment Discrimination Claim?
- When Office Romance Leads to Workplace Discrimination
- Beware of Multilingual Employment Arbitration Agreements
- EEOC Brings Transgender Discrimination Claims in Sixth Circuit
- Woman Terminated for Being Unmarried and Pregnant
- Establishing Pretext When Your Employer Does Not Follow Its Policies
- Wearing Pins and Buttons at Work May Be Protected by NLRB
- Understanding the Various Employment-Related Agreements
- The Systematic Reduction of Minimum Wage for Workers with Disabilities
- Revocation of Job Offer Because of Looming Maternity Leave
- Reasons to Reconsider Accepting a Severance Package From Your Employer
- Can an Employer's Last Chance Agreement Be Used as a Means of Retaliation?
- When is Employment Status an Issue in Discrimination Cases?
- The EEOC Joins in the #MeToo Movement
- ADA Protection Requires That Employers Have Notice of Your Disability
- Pregnancy Discrimination Affects Celebrities, Too!
- Employers Using Arbitration Agreements to Stop Class Action Lawsuits
- Don't Destroy Your Employment Case By Being Disruptive
- How Do Courts Determine Front Pay Awards?
- Can Employers Use Subjective Criteria in Layoff Decisions?
- Recognizing the Wide Variety of Hostile Work Environment Claims
- The Impact of the Opioid Crisis on ADA Discrimination Claims
- Class Action Certification Denied in Racial Preference Staffing Case
- Are You Entitled to Overtime For Working at the Boss's Home?
- Workplace Discrimination Based on Gender Stereotyping
- Can Employers Use Social Media in Making Hiring Decisions?
- A Common Hiring Practice May Violate the ADEA
- Former Top Chef Contestant's Restaurant Accused of Sexual Harassment
- Frequently Asked Questions about the FLSA?
- Confusing Political Discrimination for Religious Discrimination
- Can Prior Salary Be a Defense in Equal Pay Claims?
- Proving Same-Sex Harassment in the Workplace Can be a Challenge
- Frequently Asked Questions about the FMLA?
- Police Taser Policies and Disability Accommodations
- How Often Are Employers Required to Check Employee FMLA Eligibility?
- Employee Terminated for Advising Co-Workers About Employment Rights
- Alarming Statistics on Unreported Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Employer's Selectively Enforced Hair Policy Potentially Discriminatory Against Men
- Things to Remember After Filing a Discrimination or Harassment Complaint at Work
- Should I Copy My Employer's Records to Support My Employment Case?
- When I File a Charge of Discrimination, Should I Expect the EEOC to File a Lawsuit?
- Get Pregnant and You're Fired!
- The Claim of Spoliation of Evidence and Its Limitations
- Workplace Retaliation for 20-Year-Old Protected Activity
- Whistleblower Claims: Sole Cause or Motivating Factor?
- Collective Action Claims for Wage and Hour Violations
- Alabama Man Files Race Discrimination and Retaliation Claims Against Tesla
- Eleventh Circuit Case Deals with Title VII and Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Medical Exams Required by Employers May Be Discriminatory
- Suit Against Delta Air Lines for Disability Discrimination
- Post-Employment Adverse Actions May Result in Actionable Retaliation Claims
- Can the Ability to Work Overtime be an Essential Function of Your Job?
- Is It Discriminatory to Ask an Employee About Intended Pregnancy?
- The Department of Justice Changes its Position on Transgender Discrimination
- Federal Anti-Discrimination Laws that Protect Employees
- Publix Accused of Religious Discrimination for Policy Banning Dreadlocks
- An Example of a Lowered Performance Review as Evidence of Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment and its Damaging Effects on Employees
- Telecommuting May Not Be a Reasonable Accommodation
- Strategies for Overcoming Employee Non-Compete Agreements: Part 2
- Strategies for Overcoming Employee Non-Compete Agreements: Part 1
- Mixed-Motive Proof and FMLA Retaliation
- When a Disability Accommodation Might Violate the Law
- Immigration-Based Discrimination Claims Against Popular Food Chain
- Important Changes at the Department of Labor Under the Trump Administration
- Recent Case Suggests that Attorney Litigation Strategies May Be FLSA Retaliation
- Pizzeria Settled Discrimination Suit Against Hispanic Employees
- Telling Female Employees They Can't Excel Like Men Can Be Actionable
- Joint Employer Issues in Employment Cases Against Franchises
- The Affordable Care Act Provides Important Whistleblower Protections
- Employers Cannot Require Employees to Forego Medical Treatment
- Not Every Employer is Subject to the Fair Labor Standards Act
- How Far Can the EEOC Go in its Investigations of Employers?
- What are the Most Common Discrimination Claims Filed by Federal Employees?
- What Every Employee Should Know About Severance Agreements
- When I File a Discrimination Complaint with My Employer, Will it Be Kept Confidential?
- The EEOC Wants to Mediate: Now What?
- Does Title VII Cover Hostile Work Environment Claims Against a Union?
- 4 Myths About Employment Discrimination Cases
- Prior Salary Can be a Justification for Unequal Pay
- Can an Honest Belief be a Defense against FMLA Retaliation?
- Can a Plaintiff be Reinstated after Voluntary Resignation or Reduction in Force?
- Am I Protected Against Mental Health Discrimination?
- Can Criminal History Discrimination Occur in the Workplace?
- What is Family Care or Caregiver Discrimination in the Workplace?
- It is Illegal to Require Employees to Waive their Federal Employment Rights
- Answers to Common Questions Regarding FMLA, the ADA and Workers' Comp Rights
- McDonald's not Responsible for Wage Violations at its Franchises
- Quitting After Embarrassing Email No Basis for Constructive Discharge Claim
- When "Unusual Circumstances" May Excuse Failure to Call In During FMLA Leave
- Some States Beginning to Restrict Non-Compete Agreements
- Insufficient Evidence of Pretext in Reduction-In-Force ADA Case
- Not Every Request for Accommodation Under the ADA is Reasonable
- Can Rumors and Employee Drama Constitute a Hostile Work Environment?
- Wal-Mart Truck Drivers Awarded Millions for Wage and Hour Violations
- Is There a Time Limit for Filing an Employment Discrimination Claim?
- Can Refusing to Honor an Employee's New Name be National Origin Discrimination?
- Potential for Employment Discrimination Through Social Media Searches
- Applicants Not Hired After Using Sign Language
- Performance Improvement Plan Used to Retaliate After Age Discrimination Complaint
- The Contours of FMLA Unlawful Interference
- Are Nepotism and Favoritism Forms of Illegal Employment Discrimination?
- Employer Uses Bogus Drug Test Results to Retaliate
- Does Your Employer's Arbitration Policy Comply With Basic Contract Principles?
- Employers Should Honor their Promises With Regard to FMLA
- Imposing a Heavier Workload Can be Discriminatory
- Reporting Employees to ICE in Retaliation for Workers' Comp Claims
- Limitations on Damages for FLSA Retaliation Claims
- Is There Something to Fear in Your Severance Agreement?
- Flu Shot Exemption as Religious Accommodation
- Cancer Survivor Denied Work Accommodations by Wal-Mart
- Transgender Male Terminated For Not Returning From the Restroom on Time
- Alabama Staffing Company Sued by the EEOC for Employment Discrimination
- 4 Things You Should Know About Gender Identity in the Workplace
- Racist and Sexist Comments Should Not be Allowed Even on the Picket Line
- New Guidance on National Origin Discrimination in Employment
- Employer Cites the Need to "Sprinkle a Little Salt" as Reason for Terminating Black Employees
- Can I Be Fired for Complaining About Someone Else Being Harassed?
- Employee Terminated After Reporting Mold Problems in the Workplace
- How the Definition of "Employee" Can Change the Course of a Lawsuit
- The Legality of English-Only Workplace Policies
- Employer Improperly Uses Hiring Formula Based on Applicant's History of Sick Leave
- How Do So-Called "Bathroom Bills" Affect Transgender Discrimination Claims?
- How the Ministerial Exception Affects Religious Discrimination Claims
- Can My Employer Terminate me for Filing Bankruptcy?
- Did Police Officer Suspended for Controversial Facebook Posts Suffer Retaliation?
- Discrimination against Employee "Regarded as" Disabled Because of Obesity
- Do I Have to Specifically Say "I Need a Workplace Accommodation?"
- Does the FMLA Require Medical Recertification?
- Proving Compensatory Damages in a Worker's Compensation Retaliation Case
- The Effects of Forced Arbitration While an EEOC Charge is Pending
- Are Employers Required to Provide Accommodations for Medical Marijuana?
- Want the Promotion? Be "More Indian"
- Types of Damages You Can Expect in a Wrongful Termination Case
- The Basics of Same-Sex Sexual Harassment
- Who is the Employer and Who is the Employee?
- 3 Things to Keep in Mind if you have an Employment Contract
- Failure to Promote Based on a Foreign Accent
- Can a Staffing Agency Be Liable for Discrimination?
- Concern for Safety of Unborn not a Legitimate Defense to Pregnancy Discrimination
- Can Your Boss Fire You for Being "Too Cute?"
- Disney Whistleblower Terminated and then Rehired
- Frequently Asked Questions About Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Timing of Accommodation Request Crucial in ADA Case
- Things You Need to Know About FMLA Eligibility
- How Certain Severance Agreement Provisions Can Impact Whistleblower Claims
- Mistreatment of Muslims in the Workplace Constitutes Religious Discrimination
- Is FMLA Coverage Expanding?
- No Real Improvement in the Gender Pay Gap
- Common Questions about Pregnancy-Related Workplace Limitations
- ADA Accommodations also Apply to Applicants
- Termination for Stolen Bell Pepper Leads to $16M Age Discrimination Case
- Proposed Update on National Origin Discrimination EEOC Guidance
- 11th Circuit Considering Viability of Sexual Orientation Discrimination Claims
- Department of Labor's Sex Discrimination Guidelines Finally get a Makeover
- Family Responsibilities Discrimination: What These Types of Claims Involve
- Employment Contracts: Good or Bad?
- Nondiscretionary Incentive Payments Under the New FLSA Overtime Rule
- Is the Equal Pay Mandate Unfriendly to Businesses?
- Whose Intent Matters in Discrimination Cases: the Employer or the Employee?
- Male Supervisor Unsuccessful in Establishing Sex Discrimination
- Exempt Employees Previously Unable to Get Overtime may now be Eligible
- The Pay Gap Includes More than Just Gender Disparity
- Do Alabama Employees Have a Right to their Personnel Files?
- Patient Rights or Unlawful Discrimination?
- Pay Disparity in Sports is Gaining Recognition
- 5 Myths Regarding Employee Rights
- How the Equal Pay Act Has Changed
- 4 Exceptions to Equal Pay
- When is an Email Really an Expression of Workplace Retaliation?
- Equal Pay Claims Involving "Red Lined" Positions
- Giving Your Employer a Reason to Terminate You
- What Happens to an FMLA Claim if I'm Not Actually Eligible?
- Can an Employee Refuse FMLA Leave?
- Employment Equality for LGBT Employees
- Not Everything Unpleasant at Work Constitutes a Hostile Work Environment
- Do work-related injuries increase your chance of being fired?
- Are Employees Protected from Workplace Bullying?
- How Employers Can Get Away with Whistleblower Retaliation
- When can I File a Lawsuit Following a Workers' Compensation Claim?
- Do I Have to Put Up with Harassment by Customers?
- The Equal Pay Task Force Leads the Charge in Fighting Discriminatory Pay
- Are Women More Prone to Age Discrimination than Men?
- The Push for More Comprehensive Equal Pay Laws
- Even Your Boss can get in Trouble on Social Media!
- 4 Things You Need to Know About the Equal Pay Act
- Is the Glass Ceiling Real and Can Women Break Through?
- Class Action Against Wells Fargo for Overtime Violations Settles
- 3 Things You Need to Know About Gender Identity Discrimination
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Publicly Endorses Age Discrimination in Hiring
- Intern or Employee?
- Religiously-Based LGBT Discrimination
- What Happens After a Successful Mediation of your Employment Claim?
- Terminated for Getting Pregnant Out of Wedlock
- Does Your Employer Give you Breaks during Your Shift?
- Employment Discrimination Against Muslim or Middle Eastern Employees
- Overqualified or Too Old - Age Discrimination in the Workplace
- Another Restaurant Chain Accused of Wage Theft
- UPS Settles 9-Year Pregnancy Discrimination Case
- Employers Can No Longer Avoid Retaliation by Isolating the Decision Maker
- Job-Related Anxiety and the ADA
- Can I Be Fired While on Maternity Leave?
- Can the Refusal to Rescind a Resignation be the Basis for Retaliation?
- Federal Court Focuses on Intent Behind Racial Slurs
- Retaliation for Standing up to Sexual Assault
- Can't Teach an "Old Dog" New Tricks
- Microsoft Accused of Systemic Gender Discrimination
- How Do FLSA Requirements Apply to Tipped Employees?
- When Do Religious Exemptions Protect Employers?
- Misclassification of Employees as Independent Contractors
- Retaliation Against Managers Who Handle Internal Discrimination Claims
- When and How to Mediate Your Employment Discrimination Case
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination Claims in Alabama
- Religious Discrimination Case against Abercrombie & Fitch
- Funeral Home Owner Subjects Female Employees to Sexual Harassment
- Termination of Alcoholic Truck Driver Upheld
- Employers Seeking "Youthful Image"
- Biased Testing Requirements as Evidence of Discrimination
- I Have FMLA Leave. Can I Get off Work at Any Time?
- Hindu Employee Fired For Being a Witch
- Can Withholding a Discretionary Bonus Be an Adverse Action?
- Dunkin' Donuts Franchise Charged With Sexual Harassment of Teens
- Houlihan's Restaurants Accused of Wage Theft
- Can a Change in Office Space Mean Discrimination?
- I Can't Be Fired for What Happens Outside of Work, Right?
- Do I Have an Employment Claim If My Employer Doesn't Follow Their Own Policies?
- Does Disney Discriminate?
- Can a Unilateral Change in Work Conditions Be Enough to Establish Constructive Discharge?
- Am I Entitled to a Severance Package?
- Terminating the "Old Man" May Not Be Age Discrimination
- The Difference Between Disparate Impact and Disparate Treatment
- Employers May Be Required to Accommodate Employees Through Telecommuting
- UPS Hit with Another Unpaid Overtime Class Action
- Did You Verify Your EEOC Charge?
- Whistleblower Receives Million Dollar Award from SEC
- Failure to Hire Due to Criminal Record
- Birmingham's Finest for 2015 Selection - Joshua Michel | King
- Chicago Principal Accused of Targeting Pregnant Teachers for Termination
- Sometimes Settlement Does Not Resolve a Case
- Employer Retaliation in the Form of Poor Performance Reviews
- Truck Driver's Termination for Alcoholism Upheld
- Will the EEOC File a Lawsuit on My Behalf?
- Employee Reinstated by NLRB Despite Making Racist Comments
- How Does My Employer Calculate My FMLA Leave?
- Employee Fired Because Her Brother Filed an OSHA complaint
- Even in Nursing - Men Get Paid More
- Age Discrimination Rears Its Head in the NFL
- Are New Mothers Allowed to Take a Break for Nursing?
- National Law Firm Accused of Sexual Harassment
- Can an Employer Require Medical Information About Pregnancy at Any Time?
- Manipulation of the Interview Process Could Be Discrimination
- Pregnancy Discrimination Cases Have a New Standard
- How Far Can an Employer Go to Prove an "Honest Belief"?
- Understanding the Direct Threat Defense to ADA Claims
- Filing EEOC Claims: Be Careful What You Agree To at Your Job
- What Happens When an Employee Is Not Ready to Return to Work?
- The New Definition of Spouse Under the FMLA
- How Does Inclement Weather Affect Wage & Hour Laws?
- Forced Arbitration of Employment Disputes
- New Overtime Law for Home-Care Workers Struck Down
- Federal Whistleblower Statutes: An Overview
- Are Employer Wellness Programs Discriminatory
- How to Know if You Are Eligible for FMLA Leave
- Replacing an Employee While on FMLA Leave
- McDonald's Faces Serious Claims of Race and Sex Discrimination
- "I Didn't Know She Was Pregnant When I Cut Her Hours!"
- Alabama's Whistleblower Protections
- Employer Hit Hard for Unpaid Overtime
- Georgia Nurse Gets Jail Time for Workers' Comp Fraud
- Alabama Employee Terminated for Symbol of Modesty
- Racial Discrimination Is Still Alive in Alabama
- FMLA Parental Leave Applies to Women AND Men
- ADA Protects One-Armed Security Guard
- How to Avoid the Non-Compete Nightmare
- Does FMLA Require a Doctor's Note?
- How Well Does the WPA Protect Federal Employees?
- Should Employers Provide Protection Against Domestic Violence in the Workplace?
- Public Policy Exceptions to the Employment-At-Will Doctrine in Alabama
- FMLA Leave Allowed after Daughter's Sexual Assault
- Can an Employer Violate the Terms of Its Handbook?
- Can My Employer Force Me to Work Overtime?
- Employee Told "Don't Die at the Desk" Brings FMLA and ADA Claims
- AutoZone Hit with $185 Million Verdict in Gender and Pregnancy Discrimination Case
- Can I Prove Discrimination if the Person Who Fired Me Was Also the Person Who Hired Me?
- Whistleblower Protection Includes Complaints of Co-Worker's Illegal Conduct
- Can Employers Discriminate Based on Appearance?
- What to Do if Your Employer Won't Give You Your Last Pay Check
- Are Personality Tests a Form of Discriminatory Hiring?
- Why Do Employers Retaliate Against Workers Who File Workers' Compensation Claims?
- Can I Be Required to Arbitrate a Worker's Compensation Retaliation Claim?
- What You Should Know About Mediating Employment Cases
- Is it Difficult to Challenge a Poor Performance Evaluation from my Employer?
- Can Someone Be Terminated for Being an Alcoholic?
- Are Complaints Made on Facebook Enough to Give an Employer Notice of Harassment?
- Parental Leave Work Policies: A new Source of Workplace Discrimination
- Company-Wide Gender Discrimination Leads to Class Action Lawsuit
- Can I ask my employer to accommodate me by allowing me to telecommute?
- What to Expect at an EEOC Mediation
- How Far Will an Employer Go to Defend Claims of Discrimination?
- Paramedics Denied Employment with County Because of Diabetes.
- What is "Paramour Preference" Sexual Harassment?
- How Should My Employer Handle My Discrimination Complaint?
- My Employer Put Me on the Night Shift After I Filed an EEOC Charge -- Do I Have a Claim?
- Worker's Compensation Retaliation Claims Can Still Proceed After Death
- Can Religious Beliefs Be a Defense to Discrimination?
- Employment Contracts in Alabama - What You Should Know
- Can My Employer Enforce a Non-Compete Agreement?
- Employee Harassed Because He Was Engaged to an African-American Woman
- An Example of Physically Threatening Sexual Harassment
- "Hey! You're not manly enough to be in construction!"
- What Does "Joint Employer" Mean?
- What Do I Do if I Signed a Non-Compete Agreement?
- Be Careful Making Public Complaints Against Your Boss!
- What Is the Difference Between an Independent Contractor and an Employee?
- Is the Threat of a Demotion Sufficient to Establish Discrimination?
- Is Same-Sex Harassment Against The Law?
- Sexual Harassment Comes In Many Different Forms.
- Pro-Obama Racism in the Workplace
- Journalist Fired for Disagreeing with Editor's Opinions
- Anthony Michel Appears on NBC 13
- "Self Defense" Insufficient to Sustain Wrongful Termination Claim
- What Should I Do if I Think I Am Being Discriminated Against at Work?
- Unpaid Interns Not Protected Against Sexual Harassment in New York
- Female Police Officer in Philadelphia Called "Spankasauras"
- Lactation Discrimination
- New Progressive Law in New York Provides Accommodations for Pregnant Employees
- An Excessive Workload May Become the Basis for a Discrimination or Retaliation Suit
- Reduction-in-Force: A Disguise for Employment Discrimination
- Contact Us
- Site Map
- Site Search