Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Birmingham, AL
Injured at Work? Put Decades of Legal Experience in Your Corner
Have you been injured on the job? You may be eligible to receive coverage through workers' compensation insurance. At Michel | King, we are committed to helping people who live and work in Birmingham and throughout Alabama to safeguard their legal rights under the state and federal employment laws.
Unfortunately, not everyone who is qualified for workers' compensation benefits gets the full amount that they deserve in terms of a replacement for lost wages and payment for medical treatment. In some cases, valid workers' compensation claims are denied outright. Don't take chances with the outcome of your workers' compensation claim; you have already been through enough, and you should not have to fight with your employer and the workers' compensation insurance company to get the benefits you deserve. Let us fight for you!
Call (205) 265-1880 for a consultation with workers' compensation lawyer in Birmingham!
Am I Qualified for Workers' Compensation Benefits?
According to the Alabama Department of Labor, you may be eligible for workers' compensation provided that you can meet the following conditions:
- Your employer is required to be covered by workers' compensation insurance (under most circumstances, an employer in Alabama must carry a workers' compensation policy when it has five or more employees)
- The accident must "arise out of and in the course of employment"
- You must provide proper notice of the accident and of your injury to the employer
Should I Hire an Attorney for My Workers' Compensation Claim?
The criteria may sound simple, but asserting a successful workers' compensation claim can become a very contentious process. When you find yourself in a position where you have been hurt, you need medical treatment and you need to find a way to provide for yourself and your family in the face of temporary or permanent disability, you owe it to yourself to level the playing field by hiring a Birmingham workers' compensation attorney who will work tirelessly to protect your interests.
Our experienced employment law attorneys are well versed in this area of the law and are true advocates for our clients, always fighting for their best interests every step of the way. Call our firm today to find out how we can help you particularly if:
- You have a preexisting condition
- Your workers' compensation claim has been denied
- Your permanent disability rating has been challenged
- You have a workers’ compensation hearing coming up
- You’re already receive other government benefits
What Counts as a Workplace Injury?
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) defines a workplace injury as any injury that occurred in the course of a workday that led to a physical or mental injury related to your occupation. These injuries could include:
- An injury that results in loss of consciousness
- An injury that requires medical treatment beyond first aid
- A diagnose of cancer, chronic irreversible disease, or more that is related to your field of work
Speak with an Alabama Workers' Compensation Attorney Now
When you work with our Birmingham workers' compensation attorneys, we will be prepared to fight for you throughout the case, from establishing the validity and scope of your workers' compensation claim to taking the case as far as necessary to secure the benefits that you need and deserve.
In the event that you are targeted with any type of intimidation or retaliation from your employer for filing the claim, we are ready to help you pursue the appropriate legal action for relief and to hold the employer accountable.
Take the first step now by calling our law firm at (205) 265-1880 and scheduling a free confidential case evaluation!
Read about workers' compensation claims on our blog: