Alabama Law Firm Fighting for Employee Rights
50+ Years of Combined Alabama Employment Law Experience
We Can Provide You With the Representation and Legal Expertise You Need
- Retaliation: We fight hard to protect the rights of workers who file complaints against their employers in good faith. It is illegal for employers to retaliate and take adverse action against a person who was involved in a protected activity, like reporting sexual harassment or discrimination. Contact us today if you have been fired, demoted, or unfairly evaluated after reporting illegal activity in the workplace. We are familiar with these cases and can help you prove the connection between adverse actions taken against you.
- Wrongful Termination: Although Alabama is an "at-will" employment state that allows employers to fire employees at any time for any reason, there are exceptions to this rule under state and federal laws that prevent employers from discriminating against employees or retaliating against them for certain protected activity. Wrongful termination claims must be filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) within 180 days from the day the employee was terminated. If the EEOC doesn't pursue legal action within 60 days, then the employee can pursue legal action on their own.
- Contract Review: We want to make sure your interests are protected in every contract you sign. Our attorneys offer contract review services to help you understand the terms of a proposed employment contract, determine whether it is in your best interests to sign the agreement, and negotiate any changes that may be necessary to protect your rights.
- Discrimination: Discrimination in the workplace is unacceptable. If you are being treated differently at work because of your race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, as an act of retaliation, or due to other circumstances, we can help.
- Harassment: Harassment can quickly turn an enjoyable work environment into an unbearable 9 hours a day. We can offer the quality legal representation that you deserve. Whether you have been the subject of a hostile work environment or sexual harassment, there are laws that protect you. Let us help you use those laws to stop coworkers and employers from turning your workplace into a hostile, unsafe environment.
- Overtime Violations: Alabama overtime laws exist for a reason- you deserve to be paid for the work you have done. There are laws regarding the amount that you are owed when you work overtime. If you believe that you are not receiving or have not received adequate compensation for your overtime work, our skilled Alabama overtime lawyers can help make sure you get the compensation you are owed.
- Severance Agreements: Severance agreements can be a great resource for you during a time of transition, but if not fully evaluated, they can leave you without the protection for your future that you have earned. Agreements of this type are typically written with the interests of the employer in mind. That is why having Michel | King review these agreements with your interest in mind is critical.
- Wage Claims: You have done the work, you deserve to be compensated. If you have not received full compensation for the hard work that you have given to your employer, then you may be able to file a claim to receive payment you are owed. Let us help you recover it.
- Whistleblower Protection: If you witnessed violations of protocol on the part of your employer, you may report these without fear because you are legally protected as a whistleblower. These laws protect you from retaliation on the part of the employer whose misconduct you reported. If you would like to learn more about these laws or if you have experienced retaliation by your employer because you reported misconduct, Michel | King can help you understand and benefit from Whistleblower Protection.
- Sexual Harassment: We are committed to representing employees subjected to sexual harassment in the workplace. We take on "quid pro quo" and hostile environment sexual harassment cases across Alabama. Our firm is equipped with the extensive resources you need to help you fight sexual harassment and sex discrimination at work. We believe that you do not have to tolerate sexual harassment, so please don’t hesitate to reach out so we can get to work for you.
- Federal Employee Claims: Are you a federal employee who has been mistreated or harassed at work because of your race, sex, age, or other protected characteristics or trait? If so, you have 45 days to file an EEO complaint. Our lawyers can help you take proper legal action and guide you through each phase of the EEO process to seek the compensation you deserve. With our legal team in your corner, you can feel confident that your rights and interests are protected.
- Workers' Compensation: Were you injured at work? You should not have to fight with your employer and the workers' compensation insurance company to get the benefits you deserve. If your worker's compensation claim was denied, our attorneys are ready to fight for you.