Birmingham Gender Discrimination Attorney
Put Years of Experience on Your Side
According to Link to http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/statutes/titlevii.cfmLink to http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/statutes/titlevii.cfmLink to http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/statutes/titlevii.cfmLink to http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/statutes/titlevii.cfmTitle VII of the Civil Rights Act, gender discrimination is prohibited in the workplace. Sex-based discrimination may involve unfair treatment due to a person's gender or his or her association with a group that is strongly connected to a certain gender.
Examples of gender discrimination could include the following:
- Pay rate: persons may paid less for the same type of work because of their sex
- Job offers: a job offer might not be extended to someone because of their gender, even though they are more qualified than the other applicants
- Position or job title: some individuals cannot advance to certain positions because of their gender or sexual identity, even if they have more experience and are more qualified
- Vacation or sick leave: an employer may not give certain people the same amount of paid time off because of their sex
- Termination: an employer might fire an individual that is more skilled or has more seniority than other individuals of the opposite gender who kept their jobs
If your employer has treated you unfairly because of your gender, you have a right to file a claim! Call our Birmingham sex discrimination lawyers at Wrady Michel & King to learn how we can protect your rights. We understand that your future is at stake, so we are committed to doing everything we can to support you.
Filing a Gender Discrimination Claim
After you meet with an lawyer, you should then file a claim with your local U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) office. You have approximately six months to file your claim after the date of the incident. You may file in person, by telephone, or by mailing a written statement. Your charges should include your own contact information, your employer's contact information, a description and date of the event, and the motivation behind the event. For more information, you can visit the Link to http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfmLink to http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfmLink to http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfmLink to http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfmEEOC's website.
In order to ensure that everything is correct, it is wise to have a sex discrimination lawyer review your claim. Since the EEOC hears hundreds of thousands of cases every year, it may be in your best interests to hire a legal representative to pursue your own litigation. A good lawyer will give you the attention you need to bring an effective lawsuit against your employer.
Speak with our firm as soon as possible to begin your gender discrimination claims. Our Birmingham gender discrimination attorneys have been protecting the rights of employees for a number of years, so you can have confidence in our ability to competently represent you.
Link to https://www.wmalabamalaw.com/contact-usLink to https://www.wmalabamalaw.com/contact-usLink to https://www.wmalabamalaw.com/contact-usLink to https://www.wmalabamalaw.com/contact-usContact us for a phone case evaluation now!